PENINSULA ISLAND DISCOVERY
Come and discover South Australia's much-loved Fleurieu Peninsula and neighbouring Kangaroo Island in style, like a local.
OVERVIEW OF 3-DAY TOUR
Keen to experience what hidden gems lie amongst these two great regions? Our Peninsula Island Discovery is an unexpected delight – a genuine adventure embracing premium local food and wine, exhilarating off-road tracks through pristine national parks and wildlife sightings.
DAY 1: Our exclusive route with access to locations not available to other operators offers visitors a unique opportunity to discover the unknown locations of the richly endowed Fleurieu Peninsula. Enjoy an ever changing landscape, and start the day right by becoming a winemaker at d’Arenberg by blending your own wine. Enjoy a private 3-course outdoor lunch at one of our 'secret locations' nestled deep amongst prized McLaren Vale vineyards and taste the single block wine that comes from it with lunch. On the way to the Cape experience a spectacular ocean beach drive, sample some of McLaren Vale’s acclaimed Shiraz at a quirky cellar door, and learn about the history and geology of this ancient peninsula. The road finishes at Cape Jervis ferry terminal in good time for the 18:00 hour Sealink ferry bound for Penneshaw located 16-km across the water on South Australia’s own ‘Galapagos Island’. Overnight at Mecure Kangaroo Island Lodge (Dinner / bed / breakfast).
DAY 2: Island life moves at a different pace - especially if you are a koala! Explorer the koala habitat in the Cygnet Rover valley before seeking out kangaroos and wallabies on the north coast. Visit a secluded cove overlooking Investigator Strait and break for lunch - a seafood barbecue lunch at a private bush camp and end the day with a personal guided tour of the Australian sea-lion colony. Overnight at Mecure Kangaroo Island Lodge (Dinner / bed / breakfast).
DAY 3: Explore Flinders Chase National Park which protects the iconic coastal features of Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Visit Cape du Couedic lighthouse and an extensive fur-seal colony on the cliffs below. Break for an al fresco picnic lunch and end the day sharing the pastures with kangaroos at 'Grassdale' historic farm. At the conclusion of the tour fly back to Adelaide where you will be met by a private driver for a transfer to your city hotel.
• Pick-up from your Adelaide hotel at 9:00am daily
• 1-day small group 4WD touring on the Fleurieu Peninsula with Off Piste 4WD tours with lunch and selected beverages
• Ferry to Kangaroo Island
• Shuttle transfer to American River
• 2-nights (dinner/bed/breakfast) at Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge
• 2-days small group 4WD touring on KI with Exceptional Kangaroo Island tours with lunch and selected beverages
• Admission fees as per the itinerary
• Flight from Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
• Private car transfer to your Adelaide hotel
WHAT TO BRING
• Sturdy shoes
• Water bottle
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing including during summer months
• Adult - A$2175 per person twin share
• 3-day/2-night Adelaide-to-Adelaide experience cruise/fly (Share touring)
• Single supplement - A$320 for two nights
• Private upgrade - Additional A$1445 per person (Based on 2pax)
• Minimum 2 passengers for tour to operate
• It is extremely important that you have valid travel insurance prior to departure
• Extreme weather can affect the itinerary at any time during the tour
• We highly advise checking the weather forecast prior to travelling and dressing accordingly
• Please refer to our Terms & Conditions and cancellation policy for further details
Sea & Vines Weekend 2013
Jeff Wright, Head brewer at Vale Ale Beer Co.
We were looking for a company to transport us between home and a few wineries on the weekend of Sea and Vines so that we could enjoy a few beverages. I contact Off Piste to see if they were free for the day. They happily picked us up from home and returned at the end of the night with 3 wineries in between. Traffic at times around McLaren Vale was frantic on the Sunday, but luckily this was a 4WD tour and Ben was able to take us on a few short cuts down fire tracks and avoided all the slow traffic. It was a great way to see the vineyards and would definitely book him again. Thanks for the day Ben!
Etan Smallman - UK Journalist
The most breathtaking tour of Fleurieu Peninsula, with the most fabulously awesome tour guide!
Tanya, Bec, Sarah, Katie - Melbourne
Thank you so much for taking us out on such short notice before heading back to Melbourne. None of us really knew much about the Fleurieu and wow! Great tour, excellent service and we all can't wait to do it all again.
Fleur & Tom - Sydney
Fabulous trip around a unknown part of SA. 4WD through the southern Vales and out at Deep Creek was truly breathtaking. The surprise stop off with delicious canapes over looking KI was a real treat. Highly enjoyable tour.
What an amazing adventure!
Camille & Francois - Quebec
My partner and I planned to fly directly to Kangaroo Island and by chance picked up an Off Piste 4WD Tour business card from Samuel's Gorge Winery. Curious, we called and booked that day. Both of us are so fortunate we did. Ben gave us a unforgettable day showing us so many wonderful things around the Fleurieu Peninsula which we had no idea about. What a beautiful part of South Australia! Wineries, wild 4WD tracks with kangaroos bouncing through the vineyards alongside the car! Amazing lunch at a restaurant Ben choose for us and got us a table that day. Very informative, and a comfortable trip with huge amount of stories and great humour. I would recommend Off Piste 4WD Tours to anyone with a sense of adventure. Good luck Ben!